Monday, October 03, 2005

What Color is Jesus--A case study in jazz theology (part2)

So that we can do theology in concert together, let's make sure we are all playing the same song.

Listen to the words of our composer:

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me...I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." (Matthew 25.35-36, 40)

Remember a classical approach to theology will see the answer in what is being said (nothing wrong with that). A jazz approach will see the answer in what is being done.

Now that we know the song, let's ask the question again, "What color is Jesus?"

Anybody care to take a solo? Let the improvisation begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home